Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Holy Cow, I'm Busy!

I knew going into this Spring that my work life was going to become very crazy.  Most of Houston lost most of their landscape this past winter.  That means the landscaping industry is hustling and bustling!  I've gone from a comfortable three to four consults a week to eight or nine with installs going on in between.  It's been a crazy month with no time in the office to get my quotes out.  I've had people begging for my attention with no time on my plate to give them.  I've officially gotten to the point that if I don't write down what I say I'm going to do, then it just doesn't happen.  I never thought I'd get to that point in my life.  In all that chaos, I've had a few good things happen that I wanted to blog about as they occurred, but time has just slipped away so I'm lumping them all into one.

These are a few plants I've admired throughout the last month.  Typically I'd put these into my plant of the day, but time wouldn't slow down for me!

Red Bud in bloom

Sinojackia

My Grandmother's Iris finally bloomed!  I dug these up from her yard last Spring.

Spiraea

Calceolaria: LOVE this one!!!

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

White Bougainvillea

Chocolate Chip Ajuga

Next, a few of the landscapes I've done:

This was a blank slate back yard before I added a dry river bed with Texas Hill Country plants around it.  

I would have preferred to use brown mulch, but the homeowner likes black, so black it is.


Front Before: A truck ran into this house and took out the entire front yard landscape and far left side of the house including the porch!

After

Side yard: Before

Side Yard: After

Before

Before

After

In between work, landscapes, and plants, my family was squeezed in (somehow!)


My middle son, Kurtis, started Hockey 101!  He did great!  I think it's going to be the perfect sport for him.

My Dad, Sis-n-Law, and I all went to the Astro's home Spring training game!

My Dad-n-Me

Go 'Stros!

Next up came Easter:  The Bluebonnets were beautiful!

Bluebonnet

Me and my Kiddo's

Sweet pea!

The Girls: My Mom, Sis-n-Law, the cutest niece in the world, and me

My Beautiful Mom

Karrie and Me
(Yes, Karrie, I will post the rest of the pics from this day soon!  Love you, mean it!)

Finally, to catch up completely, I completed yet another to-do on my 101 in 1001 today!  I got my passport made so I can go on the Dominican trip this June.  I'm so excited about this mission trip!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us to accomplish.  

That's it folks, you're up to date!  I promise not to stay gone for so long the rest of the month!



2 comments:

  1. I've decided that I must show my little landscape architect wannabe your blog to see if she really knows what it means when she says this is what she wants to do when she grows up. The pictures of flowers you post are always so lovely! It's like you know where to aim & shoot to get the best view of that plant. Bravo Sar-Bear! (Sorry, no backwards B available.) Love ya! -SR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to catch up with you! I hope soon you will be able to take a deep breath and enjoy some time of your own! You have been very busy, and Houston is the better for it. All of the photos were great. I enjoyed your before and after shots, but my favorite photo of them all was Sweet Pea amidst the blooms. She's a real cutie-pie!

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails