This is looking across her yard with the house directly to my left.
The sun glared this photo, but this is the pottery fountain we installed. I planted Dwarf Mondo grass around the base.
This is the electrical box we covered. There is a Confederate Rose in the very back that will grow above the fence and flower beautifully next Fall. Other plants in this bed: Plumbago, Knockout Rose, Butterfly Iris, Foxtail Fern, and 'Purple Lady' Iresine.
This is the middle bed. I put Mexican Flame Vine on the arbor with a Savannah Holly next to that for balance. Other plants are: Milkweed, Euryops, Dwarf Bottlebrush, Candy Corn Cuphea, and Porterweed. The homeowner is going to put a small bench or birdbath under the arbor.
This is the third bed which has a Bottlebrush tree in the center, along with a Sweet Almond Verbena for scent. I repeated some of the plants from the other beds in this bed for balance and color.
We wanted to cover her fence line, so we planted Confederate Jasmine between the three beds. This will give her green space without the beds to weed and mulch. Like I said, I can't wait to go back in six months and take pictures again after everything has filled in and grown up. Also, I really want the owners to put a rock border along the bed lines. I think they will after they put in the rock border in their front yard. For now though, this job is done! I'm very pleased with the results.
The second Job I installed will be posted in Part 2, so keep reading...