Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Currently in May

I normally do this post on the 1st of every month. I missed last month's Currently post completely because I was so busy with work, so I figure while I'm still in May I should post my Currently post while I have the chance!

Current Book(s): I'm in the middle of the third book of Fablehaven and the newest book from the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I've kinda had to put books on the back burner due to my crazy work schedule.  But I'm trucking along through these two at a slow but steady pace.

I started reading the Fablehaven series after my husband recommended them for our kids to read.  I wasn't all that impressed with the first one as an adult read, but the second and third have been surprisingly better and more in depth that the first.  I would recommend them to anyone  who has kids that like reading adventures.  

Of course I'm hooked on Sookie, so I interrupted the Fablehaven book to start this one that just came out.  I haven't read far enough into this one to have an opinion yet....but it's Sookie, so I'm sure it'll be a good one!
Current Playlist: I've been on a Texas Country music kick here lately.  It just seems to match my mood with Spring in full swing where the nights are still cool enough to sit outside, watch the hubby grill something for dinner, and hang out with friends and family.  There's just nothing better than that!  Fav artist at the moment would probably be: Hayes Carll

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Eating the chocolate covered strawberries my kids got me for Mother's day!  mm,mm,mm!
Current Color:  I've really liked this Coral Pink color lately...not usually fond of pink, but this one is bright and fun.

Current Drink:  Sweet tea and Coke...the usual!
Current Food: We did a crawfish boil at our house...my favorite Spring time meal!

Current Favorite Show: I've tried to keep up with DWTS, but that seems to be a lost cause here lately!  Not much time to keep up with TV!
Current Wishlist:  I wish for funds to keep coming in for my family to join me in the Dominican Republic this June for a mission trip I'm going on.  I'm so excited to be a part of this group.  It's been amazing to see the various pieces of the puzzle come together for this trip to be a success!
Current Needs: I need a new pair of summer work shoes (which is actually my mother's day gift.) I just haven't had time to go pick some out.
Current Triumphs: I crossed off a 101 in 1001 list item this past week!  I took my boys dewberry picking at my farm and then came home to make miniature pies for them to eat.  My Grandma would do this for me when I would stay at her house, so I'm excited to share the experience with my boys.  I'm still waiting for the rest of the big pie I made to disappear so I can make Dewberry Delight, my ReeRee's specialty!







The harvest!

The mini pies!
Current Bane(s) of my Existence: Mosquitoes!  Why can't we just sit outside and enjoy a nice evening without becoming a meal?
Current Celebrity Crush: ehhh...not much on celebrities this month.
Current Indulgence:  Well, the Dewberry Pie is calling my name right now...
Current #1 Blessing: Life is grand!  My family is all good, Spring is here, I get to garden everyday after work (and sometimes while I'm at work!), the butterflies are out, and I'm perfectly content!  What more could a girl ask for?
Current Slang or Saying:  Hmmm, I don't think I have one at the moment.  
Current Outfit: A solid color T-shirt about the color of the coral above, khaki capri's , and flip-flops.
Current Excitement:  The AIM mission trip to the Dominican Republic!  I got my passport in over the weekend (yay!), and I went to get my son's made today just in case the funds do come available for him to join us.  
Current Mood: Exhausted from work but elated that Spring is here in full force.

Current Link: The AIM website!  Check it out and see what the mission is all about!  It's truly awesome!

Happy May!

1 comment:

  1. Those berries look yummy! I'm not familiar with dewberries. Are they a kind of blackberry? I hope everything goes well on your mission trip, and I hope some of your family can go. What a blessing that would be!

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails