Monday, September 7, 2009

101 in 1001

I have been wanting to start this project for awhile now, and I know a few people who have done this.  So, off I go!  I must say, "I am very excited about this list!" While creating the "to do's", I visited several website links from the Day Zero Project that helped with inspiration to add 101 things to do over the next 1001 days. Some things are small, some are big, but all are important. I even found a few that I never would have thought of had I not started this project. So bring on June 5, 2012! I can't wait to say I accomplished it all, and start again!


The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? 
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.



Tuesday, September 8, 2009
+
1001 days
=
Tuesday, June 5, 2012




Items in italics are in progress
Items in bold are complete

Family and Friends
1)  Get the family's important documents organized.
2)  Keep up with laundry 
3)  Clean out car/suburban every Sunday for a month  (4/4)
4)  Go on a picnic togther 
5)  Have family game night once a month 
6)  Name a star after each of the boys with the Star Registry 
7)  Surprise the boys with lunch at school 
8)  Watch an entire anime series with the boys - I'm nixing Dragonball right now! 
9)  Send Christmas cards with family photo in it to my family and friends - missed actually sending cards out...I did email them though...it counts! :o)
10)  Go dancing with friends
11)  Potty train Westin
12)  Visit Sarah in Colorado
13)  Ditch Facebook for a week
14)  Collect all 50 state quarters for all 5 boys
15)  Collect the new Pennies for all 5 boys 
16)  Collect the new Nickels for all 5 boys

Marriage
17)  Go fishing with Erik on the creek
18)  Kiss in the rain
19)  Surprise Erik with something special
20)  Convince Erik to make this list for himself
21)  Take a candlelit bath together
22)  Go to 5 new restaurants for date night (5/5)
23)  Sleep under the stars together
24)  Play chess with Erik
25)  Get to level 40 on EQ2 by playing with Erik

Art Projects
26)  Finish Westin's baby blanket
27)  Finish Westin's baby book
28)  Start and finish my mosaic tabletop
29)  Make a garden totem - Garden Totem Photos
30)  Learn how to make stained glass windows - I like this project!
31)  Make a piece of garden art by wielding
32)  Learn how to make jewelry and complete at least one item
33)  Learn how to make soap
34)  Make and sell something on etsy.com  -  Etsy.com
35)  Make a Secret Santa Christmas wreath for my neighbor

Photography
36)  Take individual pictures of the boys
37)  Take pictures of a sunrise and sunset
38)  Scan old family photos from ReeRee's house
39)  Collect photos from Erik's side of the family
40)  Print, Frame and Hang 5 of my flower photos
41)  Sell at least one of my flower photos

      Cooking
42)  Learn to cook 5 new meals - by myself, without Erik's help. (5/5)
43)  Cook one 5 course meal from scratch
44)  Make my own pickles
45)  Make Grandma's famous pie recipe
46)  Take the kid’s dewberry picking and make pies

Spiritual
      47) Pray more
      48) Start and finish a bible study
(49-51) Went to Dominican Republic on two mission trips!  IT WAS AWESOME!!!!
49)  Set a date to go to Guatemala to continue Grandma's mission trips
50)  Organize 10 people to go on trip to Guatemala
51)  Go to Guatemala
52)  Memorize 10 Bible verses
53)  Pray before meals

Knowledge is power!
54)  Read 5 classic novels
55)  Read 5 books from Erik's library (that I normally wouldn't have picked myself.) (2/5)
56)  Learn Spanish phrases to communicate at work.
57)  Finish writing a book with Erik
58)  Learn and use 25 new vocabulary words
59)  Create a book list of every book read starting now   Goodreads.com
60)  Spend a whole day in bed reading
61)  Donate 480,000 grains of free rice which will feed 25 people - Freerice.com (9.8.09 - 1000)(9.9.09 - 2000)(9.12.09 - 1000)(9.22.09 - 1500)(9.26.09 - 1500)

Culture
62)  Go to a play
63)  Go to a concert (or two!)
64)  See a midnight showing of a movie
65)  Watch an IMAX movie
66)  Go to the Nutcracker   - Didn't get to go before this list will end :o(
67)  Go to the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens
68)  See a Cirque du Soleil show
69)  Go to the Renaissance Festival   - Didn't get to go before this list will end :o(
70)  Go to at least 1 Astros game each season
71)  Get my passport
72)  Go to two festivals or fairs (2/2) Scarecrow Festival
73)  Go to a Drive-In movie theater...it was actually a "sit-in" theatre, but it was under the stars outside on my birthday!  It counts!

Finance
74)  Read Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace book
75)  Start getting out of debt.
76)  Stick to a budget.
77)  Pay off my student loans
      78) Pay off the suburban
      79) Save $1 a day for 1001 days  I've decided this is not the route I want to go with saving money...I'm strictly following Dave Ramsey's advice!



Health
80)  Drink more water - I think 64 would make me sick, so I'll go with 32oz.a day
81)  Quit drinking Coke for breakfast. - I REALLY don't want to do this, but I know I should.
82)  Start exercising -I'll start with walking.  This is another one I really don't want to do!
83)  Walk for the Ronald McDonald house at TCH to give back for Westin - scheduled for Jan 15, 2012!  Houston's 5k "run" (I don't run.) ;o)
84)  Meditate more often
85)  Pack a healthy lunch for a week.
86)  Start taking vitamins

Politics
87)  Write a letter to a politician about an issue I feel strongly about

Adventure
88)  Search for a Geocache - Geocaching.com  Click here to read about my adventure!
90)  Go tubing down the river
91)  Go ice skating
92)  Go on a road trip with no set destination

      Gardening
      93) Build a greenhouse
      94) Scatter Bluebonnet and wildflower seeds at the farm
      95) Plant a tree at the farm
      96) Help the boys grow something and eat it.
      97) Go to Mercer Arboretum

      Splurge When I Can
98)  Add 2 pieces of Vaseline glass to my collection - Vaseline Glass Info
      99) Buy a new laptop
     100) Buy something at an auction

      Pass on the experience!
     101) Get 5 people to start their own 101 list (5/5)

2 comments:

  1. As for the book list, you should join Goodreads.com! It's how I keep track of everything I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...what a great site! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Comments?

Related Posts with Thumbnails